Let’s get straight to it – here are the most amazing things to do in Bali in 2019!
Edited February 2019 // This post contains affiliate links
1. Enjoy a romantic dinner in a cave on the beach in Nusa Dua. Definitely, an experience you’ll remember forever!
2. Spend the day at Sundays Beach Club and remember to stay for the bonfire at sunset.
3. Interact with the monkeys and take in the breathtaking views at Pura Luhur Uluwatu ” the Monkey Temple”.
4. Shoot some photos in the amazing infinity pool (180-degree view of the Indian Ocean) at El Kabron Spanish Restaurant and Cliff Club. And eat lots of tapas!
5. Check out the abandoned plane close to Nusa Dua. Just search for abandoned aircraft Nusa Dua on Google maps.
6. Book a stay with one of the many surf camps in the area and learn to surf.
7. Experience traditional Kecak fire dance at sunset in Pura Luhur Uluwatu.
8. Enjoy a private sunset dinner on a pier in Jimbaran. Kisik Bar and Grill has been voted one of the most romantic dinner venues in Bali.
9. Do morning yoga in the most amazing surroundings at Uluwatu Surf Villas. The view from this place is insane!
10. Explore Uluwatu cave and Suluban beach.
11. See the incredible view from the viewpoint at the north side of Balangan Beach.
12. Check out the old shipwrecks on Nunggalan Beach that has been turned into art by local and international artists.
13. Make your own perfume at one of L’Atelier studios in either Nusa Dua or Jimbaran.
14. Go beach hopping on the Bukit Peninsula where you’ll find all the best beaches on the island.
15. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at my all-time favorite Bali restaurant, Buddha Soul.
16. See the amazing view from the tall cliffs at Melasti Beach.
17. Explore the secret caves and have a bath in the natural “jacuzzis” at Tegal Wangi Beach in Jimbaran.
18. Spend a night or two (if you can afford it) in the Santorini Villa at Morabito Art Cliff, a little slice of Greece in Bali.
Related post: 17 things you need to know before going to Bali!
19. Go on a beach and bar hopping tour in a 1980 VW van.
20. Shop until you drop! This area is shopping heaven. Some of my favorite stores are Surfer Girl, Drifter Surf Shop, Bamboo Blonde and of course all the stalls.
21. Get your Mexican on at the super cool Motel Mexicola. This is also a great place for a little photoshoot and at night it usually turns into a big party.
22. Play in the water all day long at Waterbom Bali.
23. Watch the sunset and have dinner/drinks at gypsy-themed La Laguna. My mum’s favorite restaurant in Bali! (Located between Seminyak and Canggu)
24. Have a spooky dinner amongst different creatures and get your face painted (horror style) at Frankenstein’s Laboratory.
25. Have a smoothie bowl! Let’s face it, you can’t go to Bali without taking a photo of a smoothie bowl. Kynd community (below) is just one of maaany Instafamous cafés in Seminyak. Remember to get there early!
26. Visit the iconic Tanah Lot Temple. You can easily drive there yourself from Canggu.
27. Get a free tattoo with your tacos at Deus ex Machina every Tuesday.
28. Practice your swing on the award-winning golf course at Nirwana Bali Golf Club. (closed for renovation at the moment)
29. Join a cooking class and learn to make traditional Balinese food. Yum! Iboe Soelastri’s Cooking Class at Tugu Hotel is supposed to be great!
30. Spend the day at bohemian beach club, La Brisa. Lounge in the sun, sip on cocktail and munch on some Spanish bites.
31. Another cool spot where you can hang out all day long is The Lawn. I love to go there for sunset as well, but get there early as it gets CROWDED!!
32. Put on your party pants and head to Old Man’s at Batu Bolong beach in Canggu on Wednesdays to compete in the beer pong tournament!
33. Check out the cool weekend markets in Canggu where locals and expats sell their handicrafts.
Related post: A guide to Batu Bolong – Canggu
Ubud and the surrounding area
34. Cool down in the amazing jungle infinity pool at Jungle Fish, Ubud’s new no beach, beach club.
35. Explore the “real Bali” on a cycling tour through Ubud. One of the most amazing experiences I’ve ever had in Bali!
36. Visit the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary. This place is truly magical!
37. Learn to make your own silver jewelry. This silversmith class inside a traditional family compound was so much fun!
38. Swim in the amazing pool at Goya Boutique Resort overlooking treetops and volcanos.
39. Enjoy a romatic dinner (or breakfast/lunch) in a birds nest overlooking the Ayung River Valley at Le View restaurant.
40. Buy some locally made handicrafts and souvenirs at Ubud Art Market.
41. Go whitewater rafting on the Ayung River.
42. Stroll along the picturesque Campuhan Ridge Walk (photo below) for sunrise or sunset.
43. Ubud is the center of craftsmanship on the island so you can also take part in a ceramics workshop.
44. Bathe in the holy water at Tirta Empul Water Temple.
45. Go swimming in one of the world’s best infinity pools at Ubud Hanging Gardens. You have probably seen this place all over social media.
46. Chill out at the World’s First Organic Vegan Cinema, Paradiso.
47. Watch the morning light shine through the palm trees at Tegalalang Rice Terrace.
48. Visit my favorite temple in Bali, Gunung Kawi, early in the morning.
49. Indulge in a floating breakfast at the incredible Padma Resort Ubud.
50. Chill on a floating bed above the river at Permata Ayung Private Estate Spa.
51. Camping, or should I say glamping, is now even more glamorous at Sandat Glamping Tents.
Related post: A first timer’s guide to Ubud
52. Go diving/snorkeling and explore the shipwrecks at Tulamben.
53. Uncover the Secret Gardens of Sambanganm, which is actually a series of waterfalls and pools.
54. Go on a boat trip in a traditional Balinese canoe at sunrise in Lovina and see wild dolphins.
55. Climb and experience sunset at the highest volcano in Bali, Mount Agung.
56. Explore Bali’s most beautiful waterfall – Air Terjun Sekumpul and all the other falls in the area. Banyumala Twin Waterfalls is my second favorite.
57. Watch a breathtaking sunrise over Pinggan Village.
58. See the Marigold flower fields around Temukus Village.
59. Shoot some amazing photos at the iconic Handara Golf & Resort gate.
60. Bath with the locals at the magical hot springs “Air Panas” of Banjar, close to Lovina Beach.
61. Experience sunrise at Ulun Danu temple.
62. Have fun with your own private swing at Zen Hideaway.
63. Check out Munduk Moding Plantation’s infinity pool where it looks like you’re swimming in the clouds.
64. Dive and discover the underwater temple garden at Pemuteran.
65. Visit one of Bali’s creepiest places, Trunyan cemetery where the dead are not buried.
66. Wander around the large and less visited Jatiluwih Rice Terraces (below).
67. Indulge in some wood-fired pizza at Gong Jatiluwih Restaurant and Lounge and enjoy the incredible view.
68. Hike up Mende Hill in Subaya Village for some incredible views of the Kintamani region.
69. Stay in the Instafamous bamboo house at Hideout Bali.
70. Discover Sanur’s abandoned amusement park: Taman Festival.
71. Wander around and explore the abandoned Bedugul Taman Rekreasi Hotel & Resort, also known as the Ghost Palace Hotel.
72. Satisfy your sweet tooth at Charly’s Chocolate.
73. Have breakfast, lunch, or dinner in an abandoned plane at Keramas Aero Park.
74. Try on the Seawalker helmet to experience the underwater world of Bali.
75. Enjoy some peace and quiet at the Lotus Lagoon in Candidasa.
76. Dive into a pool with the most dramatic views of volcanoes and jungle at Villa Sidemen.
78. Wander around and be amazed by the sacred canyon of Sukawati.
79. Lounge on a floating platform in the middle of the ocean at Puri Santrian Bar.
80. Enjoy some incredible views from Bukit Asah (Hill) in Karangasem.
81. Go explore Tukad Cepung Waterfall which is located inside a cave!!
82. Learn about traditional Batik-making and weaving in Tohpati Village.
83. Eat and shop at Sanur Night Market also known as Pasar Malam Sindu.
84. Hike to Kuning waterfall, one of Bali’s hidden waterfalls.
85. Wander inside the caves at Goa Lawah Temple where hundreds of bats reside.
86. Learn about the Balinese culture, village life and farming with The Organic Farm Bali.
87. Explore the incredible grounds at Taman Ujung Water Palace, a former royal residence.
88. Enter the gates of heaven at Pura Lempuyang Temple complex (below), one of the oldest temples in Bali.
89. Drive through Bunut Bolong Tree (yes you read it right) in Manggisari village.
90. Unwind at Menjangan Dynasty Resort, the most incredible glamping destination on the island. It’s so stunning! This is another place where you can have your breakfast floating in the pool.
91. Shoot some amazing photos at Pantao Yeh Leh also known as Boulder Beach.
92. Visit the Catholic Church in Palasari Village built in a Balinese/gothic style. Definitely a strange sight you won’t see anywhere else on the island.
93. Drive around on a scooter and explore. Let yourself get lost and see where you end up. There’s no better feeling.
94. Try the traditional Balinese pork dish, Babi Guling. A favorite among many of the locals.
95. Have an ice cold Bintang (Balinese beer) at sunset or at any time really.
Related post: Nusa Penida in photos
96. Spend a lazy day at Dream Beach, one of the best beaches on Nusa Lembongan.
97. When you’re all beached out head to Devil’s Tears, a beautiful cave pool on Nusa Lembongan.
98. Go standup paddleboarding at Jungut Batu beach, I met some wild dolphins there!
99. Head up to the Mangrove forest and spend some time in one of the gorgeous warungs.
100. Daydream and of course shoot some photos in the picture perfect Batu Molenteng treehouse on Nusa Penida.
101. Marvel at the beauty of Crystal Bay, Nusa Penida.
102. Visit Pasih Uug (Broken Beach), a stunning arch and hole in the cliff filled with turquoise water.
103. Then go for a swim in the shallow water at Angel’s Billabong.
104. Bathe in the cascading pools of Peguyangan Waterfall, Nusa Penida.
105. Have a photoshoot in front of Banah Cliffs of Nusa Penida.
106. Experience the incredible Atuh Beach on Nusa Penida. This place is especially beautiful at sunset!
107. Go cliff jumping at the Blue Lagoon on Nusa Ceningan.
108. Relax on the small but beautiful Secret Beach on Nusa Ceningan.
109. Go ziplining 18 meters above the ocean at Ceningan Island Resort.
Have I missed anything? If so, let me know in the comments. I will keep adding to this list!
Remember to pin for later 😉